Thursday, March 11, 2010

Abbreviations Can Be Tricky

Americans are quick to use abbreviations, all of our states are two letters- Kentucky is KY, North Carolina is NC, New York is NY. We also use TV television, ID identity, TP toilet paper, PC politically correct, and many more. On the lighter side of English is a joke I recently received in an email. A Dr. (doctor) is talking to a patient in the hospital...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was performing rounds at the


hospital one morning and while checking

up on a man I asked . . .' So how's your

breakfast this morning?' ' It's very good

except for the Kentucky Jelly. I can't seem

to get used to the taste.'. . . Bob replied.

I then asked to see the jelly and Bob produced

a foil packet labeled 'KY Jelly.'

No comments:

Post a Comment